Applications are hereby invited from prospective students for admission into University of Nsukka Business School (UNNIBIZ) for the 2017/2018 academic session.
UNN Business School offers regular Professional Programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) and Master of Business Administration (MBA).
The Business School also offers Executive MBA and Executive Doctor of Business Administration (Executive DBA) programmes, and Short-Term Certificate Courses at Enugu Campus of the University of Nigeria.
These are as follows:
REGULAR PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMES
I. PGD Programmes
PGD (Accountancy): full-time/part-time
PGD (Banking and Finance): full-time/part-time
PGD (Management): full-time/part-time
PGD (Marketing): full-time/part-time
II. MBA Programmes
MBA (Accountancy): full-time/part-time
MBA (Banking and Finance): full-time/part-time
MBA (Management): full-time/part-time
MBA (Marketing): full-time/part-.time
EXECUTIVE PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMES
I. Executive MBA
Executive MBA (Human Resource Management)
Executive MBA (Hospitality and Tourism Management)
Executive MBA (Risk Management)
Executive MBA (ICT and Business Decision Making)
Executive MBA (Public Sector Accounting)
Executive MBA (Taxation)
Executive MBA (Marketing Communications)
Executive MBA (Oil and Gas Marketing)
Executive MBA (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
Executive MBA (Finance)
Executive MBA (Enterprise Resource Planning)
Executive MBA (Ethics and Sustainable Development)
Executive MBA (Power and Environmental Resource Management)
Executive MBA (Agri-Business)
II. Executive Doctor of Business Administration (Executive DBA)
These are in specific areas of students’ interest.
SHORT-TERM CERTIFICATE COURSES
The UNN Business School offers all-year-round short-term certificate courses in the following areas:
Leadership and Change Management
Credit and Risk Management
Industry Studies for Bank Lending
Human Resource Management
Small Scale Business Management
Small Scale Business Financing
Public Sector Accounting and Administration
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Real Estate Finance
Real Estate Marketing and Management
Local Government Administration
Local Government Financing and Management
Preparing for Retirement and Managing Retirement Benefits
Public Finance and Taxation
Hospitality and Tourism
Transport and Logistics Management
Oil and Gas Marketing
Agricultural Produce Processing Management
Public Diplomacy and international Relations
Total Quality Management
Managing Microfinance Banks
E-Business and Commerce
Ethics and Sustainable Development
Power and environmental management
Accounting for Non-Accountants
Finance for Non-Finance Managers
Regular PGD Programme
- Five credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at the ‘O’ Level, and
- Bachelor’s degree not lower than third class in relevant discipline from a recognized university, OR
- Bachelor’s degree with at least second class lower division in an area not related to Business Administration/ Management Sciences, OR
- Higher National Diploma at upper credit level in relevant area.
- Relevant professional qualifications are added advantage.
Regular MBA Programme
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of second class lower division from a recognized university, OR
- A Postgraduate diploma from a recognized institution (II) with cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a five (5) point scale or 2.50 on a four (4) point scale.
Executive MBA Programme
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in industry, organization or business, plus An honours Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma OR
- Postgraduate Diploma in any discipline (irrespective of class in any of them).
Executive Doctor of Business Administration (Executive DBA)
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in industry, organization or business, plus
- Executive MBA or Masters degree in any business-related discipline.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
Regular Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
Full-time: Two (2) semesters (Minimum); 4 semesters (Maximum).
Part-time: Four (4) semesters (Min); Six (6) semesters (Max).
Full time: Four (4) semesters (Min); Six (6) semesters (max).
Part-time: Six (6) semesters (min); Eight (8) Semesters (max)
Weekend programme (One contact per month): Four (4) semesters
(min); Six (6) semesters (max)
Weekend programme (one contact per month): Six (6) semesters (36 months).
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates seeking admission into the postgraduate programmes of the UNN Business School can complete ONLINE Application Forms after the payment of a non-refundable application fee through the Remita platform in any designated Bank.
Application fees shall be paid as follows:
Regular Professional PGD -N25,000.00
Regular Professional MBA -N30,000.00
Executive Professional MBA -N50,000.00
Executive Professional DBA -N60,000.00
Applicants should log-on to www.unn.edu.ng and follow the procedure stated below;
- Click on UNN Portal through this link: unnportal.unn.edu.ng.
- Click on Postgraduate Students.
- Click on UNN Business School Application Form to generate invoice for payment.
- Use your phone number to generate invoice to enable the University reach you for other information.
- Proceed to any Bank with Remita platform for payment
- Return to the UNN portal with your RRR from the bank and follow the procedure for completing the Form.
Candidates should fill in their referee full names and emails online. A link will be sent to the email addresses of the referees.
The referees are to complete the online referee forms and submit same online. The contents of the forms will be available to the School of Postgraduate studies and also available for print out by the respective applicants. Submit the referee report with all other documents for admission processing.
Please note that applications would not be processed unless the referees’ reports are available.
*Enter correct email addresses of your referee.
Candidates should download transcript request forms (D2) also provided online, and submit to their former Universities/institutions requesting them to forward it with a copy of his/her academic transcript(s) to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and marked “UNN BUSINESS SCHOOL” to reach him not later than one month from the date of this advert/publication.
The School will not process the applications of candidates whose transcripts are not received on or before the deadline.
Submission of Completed Application Forms
Candidates will complete most information online. Thereafter, a copy of the online completed application form should be downloaded and printed. The printed application form with the relevant documents as listed below should be posted or delivered to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka (marked “UNN BUSINESS SCHOOL”):
- Two copies of the application summary form (D3) available online should be downloaded and printed.
- One copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (Not stapled) on a brown 9”x 13” envelope marked “UNN BUSINESS SCHOOL”;
- The second copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued neatly (Not Stapled) on a white 9x 13” file jacket marked “UNN BUSINESS SCHOOL”.
iii. Copies of referee report.
(b) Copies of all qualifying certificates and other accompanying documents should be placed in the file jacket specified in (a.ii) and the File Jacket should be slipped into the marked brown envelope specified in (a.i) above.
All documents must fit into the 10” x 15” envelope marked “UNN BUSINESS SCHOOL” addressed and delivered by courier to “the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Application starts from the date of this advertisement and closes 30 days from the date of the advert.
How To Get Latest Job Recruitment update & other Opportunities
Jobs are listed daily on our platforms, and as such, it is important to take due advantage of that.
Here is how:
- Kindly Click here and add your valid email address to get updates directly to your mail. Remember to click on the confirmation link in your mail.
- Next, click here to visit our jobs listing Portal for latest Job positions.
- Alternatively, you can visit here to see top companies recruiting, or check out latest jobs in your state or latest Jobs in your industry of interest.
- Pick your area of interest.
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply.
- Remember to always share this article with others.
- If website is down, kindly subscribe to our email notification, we will notify you once it is up.
REMEMBER: Unless specified, we are not in anyway affiliated with any of the companies or organizations listed on our website. We will never ask you for money and as such, never pay money or give your banking details to any individual in exchange for employment.View today's jobs