The National Universities Commission (NUC) has closed down an illegal university in Oyo State.
The institution is Borough College, London located in Igboho, Oke Ogun area of the state.
The chairman committee on closure of illegal universities in Nigeria, a sub group of NUC, Prof. Adebisi Balogun said in Ibadan on Sunday that Borough College London, with six Ffaculties was an illegal institution not approved by the commission.
The university had been running with student strength of over 200 before the tip-off which led to the visit of NUC and ICPC to Igboho where the school is cited
The institution was established by one Prof. Ogunleye in October 2014.
It was gathered that Ogunleye who lives in London had only written to NUC for collection of form to establish an institution but had been telling students a different story concerning the status of the school.
Balogun said after the school authorities had obtained the form, NUC would then visit the institution to know if it could take off.
Balogun also spoke on the letter from the Commissioner of Education in Oyo State to the school, which he said only gave approval for the school to operate as a continuous education centre.
He said the operation was carried out in collaboration with the Independent Corrupt Practice and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).
He warned parents to ascertain the authenticity of institutions they send their wards to, lamenting the rate at which illegal universities were springing up in the country.
Jobs and similar opportunities like this are listed daily on our platforms, and as such, it is important to take due advantage of that.
Here is how:
- Kindly Click here and add your valid email address to get updates directly to your mail. Remember to click on the confirmation link in your mail.
- Next, click here to visit our jobs listing Portal for latest Job positions.
- Alternatively, you can visit here to see top companies recruiting, or check out latest jobs in your state or latest Jobs in your industry of interest.
- Pick your area of interest.
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply.
- Remember to always share this article with others.
- If website is down, kindly subscribe to our email notification, we will notify you once it is up.