Our last article outlined details of the recently introduced Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development empowerment programmes, about it, the registration, and the empowerment programmes associated with it, of which the Green Stimulus Framework is part of the programmes mentioned there.
About Green Stimulus Framework
The Green Stimulus is a part of the Economic Sustainability Programme, implemented under the initiative of the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development in Nigeria. This programme is designed to develop a new breed of trained technicians with basic and advanced knowledge in renewable energy and smart agriculture.
The renewable energy component will focus on solar energy development, management, and implementation, while the smart agriculture component will focus on improving agricultural yield and leveraging drone technology to improve Agribusiness.
Be Aware: The Green Stimulus Programme will train and empower 300 youths across the six geopolitical zones through an online access guaranteed and fully paid training.
This aspect of the project will be executed using industry-specific starter packs to enable trainees to become installers, service providers, energy dispensers, and solutions developers for renewable energy and agriculture in Nigeria.
The programme is geared towards empowering the successful trainees to become self-employed and capable of generating income using their acquired skills and equipment to solve small scale energy needs in their respective localities.
To be eligible for this training programme, candidates must:
- be a Nigerian citizen between the ages of 18 to 35 years
- possess a valid government-issued means of identification
- willing to undertake some travel (for practical sessions) if selected
- possess minimum level of education required is O’Level (WASSCE/NECO/NABTEB)
BENEFITS OF SUCCESSFUL INTERNS
- Provides you with an opportunity to relate career courses with workplace scenarios.
- Gives you valuable insight into the diversity of employees in the workplace.
- Prepares you for the demands and expectations of the fast-evolving world of work.
- Improves your soft skills such as emotional intelligence, teamwork, people skills confidence, and problem-solving.
- Provides you with appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes concerning both paid and unpaid work.
About Work Experience Programme
The Work Experience Program is an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development led by Honourable Minister Sunday Dare. After a clinical understudy and analysis of available surveys and findings of the Nigerian youth and employability and a series of one-to-one interactions, it was established that one of the challenges of unemployment is the acute absence of workplace practical experience.
To bridge this gap, the Ministry initiated the Work Experience Program (WEP) to ensure that young people acquire a level of experience and hone their skills, to make them suitable for employment and to acquire the required skills for self-development. The skills include Mentoring, Networking, how to gain Scholarships, knowledge of world Competitions, Employments, Training and business Startups.
The Work Experience Program (WEP) initiative is a three-month internship programme that will provide participants with the opportunity to gain knowledge and develop skills and workplace competencies that increase their potential for a successful employment.
BENEFITS OF WEP TO YOU
- Provide you with an opportunity to relate career courses with workplace scenario..
- Give you an insight into the diversity of employees in the workplace.
- Prepare you for the demands and expectations of the working world.
- Improve your maturity, confidence and self reliance
- Provide you with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes concerning both paid and unpaid work.
- WAEC,NECO or NABTEC Result
- A good result (a better grade increases your chances)
- A valid email address
- Full Name (As it is on your certificate.
- Phone Number
- Marital Status
- Mother Maiden Name
- Nationality must be Nigerian
Title : Work Experience Programme (Internship)
Locations: The 6 Geo-Political Zones
To enhance the employability of Nigerian youth, the FMYSD has designed the work experience programme (WEP). The WEP is designed to provide paid internship opportunities to atleast 2550 Nigerian youths across different industry sectors as follows:
- Civil Service (Government Agencies)
- Manufacturing (FMCGs, Agriculture, Energy)
- Information Technology (Software & hardware,telecommunications)
- Construction (Architecture, Engineering, Surveying)
- Financial (Commercial banks, credit institutions)
- Social Justice (NGOs,Law firms)
HOW TO APPLY
Application can be completed via https://fmysd-esp.com/green-stimulus/
Don’t pay money to anyone to influence your training or whatever. Be wise. Only supply details to the official portal.
How To Get Latest Job Recruitment update & other Opportunities
Jobs are listed daily on our platforms, and as such, it is important to take due advantage of that.
Here is how:
- Kindly Click here and add your valid email address to get updates directly to your mail. Remember to click on the confirmation link in your mail.
- Next, click here to visit our jobs listing Portal for latest Job positions.
- Alternatively, you can visit here to see top companies recruiting, or check out latest jobs in your state or latest Jobs in your industry of interest.
- Pick your area of interest.
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply.
- Remember to always share this article with others.
- If website is down, kindly subscribe to our email notification, we will notify you once it is up.
REMEMBER: Unless specified, we are not in anyway affiliated with any of the companies or organizations listed on our website. We will never ask you for money and as such, never pay money or give your banking details to any individual in exchange for employment.View today's jobs