After the series of academic activities held last year, the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), is now set to resume the 2016/2017 session on Sunday, 29th January, 2017.
The management of UNIPORT have also announced the payment/registration details.
Lectures will begin for all Students (Fresh and Returning) on Monday, 30th January, 2017.
Registration Procedures for the 2016/2017 Academic Session
1. Payment of School Charges
(i) Pay School Charges at the designated Banks/use debit card, for the respective College/Faculty/School.
(ii) Print out the Payment Receipt online.
(iii) Update your Fees Pass Book with the College Accountant/Finance Officer of the College/Faculty/School.
2. Register Courses Online
(i) Contact your Head of Department and/or Academic Adviser to confirm the courses you should register.
(ii) Register the courses online, as advised in (i) above.
(iii) Print out the duly completed Course Registration Form
3. Submit the underlisted documents to the Head of Department and the College Secretary/Faculty Officer, respectively
(i) Online Payment Receipt.
(ii) Completed Online Course Registration Form.
Registration as a student of the University of Port Harcourt will only be valid if the online course registration form is tendered by the student and accepted by the head of department.
- The Registration Exercise for the First Semester, of the 2016/2017 session will end on Friday, 10th March, 2017.
- Only Registered Students are bona-fide students of the University.
- In line with the decision of the Senate of the University, any student who fails to register within the period stipulated for registration will be deregistered for that session, and the maximum length of time allowed for the course of study would still be enforced.
- Bona-fide Students, that is, those who have paid their School Charges up to the 2015/2016 session, should check their results online.
- Those who have not seen the result(s) of the examinations in the courses they took in previous session(s)/semester(s) should report in writing stating the Course Code(s); Course Title(s); Semester(s) and Session(s) in which the examinations were taken, to their respective Heads of Department, and forward a copy of such letter to the Provost/Dean of the College/Faculty/School, for appropriate action.
For those who choose to pay their School Charges in two installments, note that you can only register online your First Semester Courses now.
You are therefore required to register your Second Semester Courses online and print out the Form within six (6) weeks of resumption for the Second Semester of the 2016/2017 Session.