Tons of Scholarship Opportunities wasting; Take out time to download scholarship Past Questions and Answers Now...
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, BC
Job ID: 466935
Job Function: Retail Clients
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Job holder will under the supervision of the Head of Client Acquisition – Africa to drive the Market engagement for Africa (with primary focus in Nigeria) by:
- Ensuring that local Relationship Managers are adequately trained to refer prospects which meet the criteria to become a Standard Chartered Bank Jersey (SCBJ), Priority International Client (PIC).
- Being the first point of contact for all referrals made to SCBJ
- Supervise the performance of RMs by keeping track of referrals and their success rate (conversion rate)
- Ensure that pitches and follow-ups to prospective clients are consistent and logged into the System
- Driving AUM growth in Jersey by targeting the market and generating new business in both high value and quality and does not conflict with Priority Banking deposits / Investments (clients with international wealth and banking needs)
- Being able to build own network in each country – through personal knowledge and experience
- Being able to provide an appropriate level of information (regarding services offered by SCBJ) required by a prospective client
- Actively promoting SCB Jersey to prospective clients.
Interface with local Relationship Managers (“RMs) for:
- Prospect Management – handle all referrals from locally based RMs for their clients who are interested in offshore banking
- Pre-approval of prospects – ensure prospects being referred meet PIC Jersey criteria
- Feedback on prospects/applications – ensure that all business is accurately tracked and monitored. Feedback to be given to local RM (responsible for referral) on unsuccessful applications.
- Obtaining some initial KYC information and documentation before account opening pack is sent to Jersey
- Involved in arrangement of client/local network events
- Collateral co-ordination in markets covered
- Continually train local branch staff and local RMs (on the type of Banking needs being offered, calibre of prospects, etc)
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with all Group in-country staff to encourage high calibre referrals
- Arrange client/local network meetings along with Team Leader, Acquisition and where necessary Senior SCBJ personnel.
- Carry out prospecting activity through all available channels.
- New target Asset under Management (AUM) raised to be agreed with Regional Market Manager, Africa Sales
- Quality and good New To Bank (NTB) client accounts annually (Number of new accounts per month to be agreed in Job Objectives)
- Conversion rate of clients for every number of prospect meetings held
- Turn Around Time (TAT) on account opened (client experience), and reduction in account application rejection rates (Zero), NTB clients to begin funding their new account and NTB clients to make their first investment (within 3 months of account being funded). This will be done by ensuring each new client is made aware of services offered by SCBJ
- Referral of Agents/Professionals on yearly basis to the Regional Market Manager, Africa Sales.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience Required
- Proven track record of sales activity.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Positive customer service mentality.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Relationship building / Management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills & communication skills.
- Ability to manage Stakeholders at all levels.
- Sound knowledge of Banking products, services and procedures.
- Should be a Team player and demonstrate initiative and assertiveness.
- Self-motivator who is keen to upgrade and improve personal knowledge and skill to meet the job requirement.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
👉 2017 POST UTME Forms For All Schools
👉 Nigerian Immigration Recruitment - 2017
👉 How to Print 2017 JAMB UTME Result Slip
👉 How to Check 2017 UTME Results For Free
👉 2017 Statistics Of JAMB results Released
👉 How to Print NYSC 2017 Batch "A" Call Up Letter
👉 May/June WAEC Result 2017 Released Date
👉 2017 JAMB UTME Live Updates
👉 JAMB 3rd Batch Result For 2017