Tons of Scholarship Opportunities wasting; Take out time to download scholarship Past Questions and Answers Now...
This is to inform all members of the public that the University of Lagos institute of Continuing education in collaboration with the Faculties of Arts and education
has opened up invitation for suitable qualified candidates to apply for the supplementary admission into the below mentioned programmes.
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Bachelor of Arts B.A.(Hons.), four (4) and five (5) years degree programmes (Evening).
- Creative Arts (Theatre Arts/ Music/Visual Arts)
- European Languages (French/Russian)
- History and Strategic Studies
- Linguistics, African and Asian Studies (Igbo/Yoruba)
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
SANDWICH B.A. (Ed.) and B.Sc. (Ed.) degree programmes (Holiday Contact only) in:
- Adult Education
- Educational Administration
- Educational Foundations (Guidance and Counselling )
- Human Kinetics and Health Education:-
- Human Kinetics
- Health Education
- Health Education (for Health Professionals)
ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION
- Education English
- Education French
- Education Geography
- Education Economics
- Education Business
- Education History
- Education Igbo
- Education Yoruba
- Education Christian Religious Studies
- Education Islamic Religious Studies
- Early Childhood Education
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- Education Mathematics
- Education Physics
- Education Chemistry
- Education Biology
- Education Integrated Science
- Education Technology
- Education Home Economics
Minimum Admission Requirements
(A) FACULTY OF ARTS
To be eligible, an applicant is required to have at least one of the following qualifications:-
(a) WASC/SSCE/NECO or equivalent with credits in at least five subjects including English Language and Mathematics passed at one sitting;
(b) GCE (‘0’ Level) or equivalent with credits in at least five subjects including English Language and Mathematics passed at one sitting;
(c) GCE (‘A’ Level) or Cambridge Examination or equivalent with principal passes in at least two relevant subjects;
(d) A first degree of the University of Lagos or any other comparable institution approved by Senate;
(e) University of Lagos Foundation Programme Diploma with a minimum of 2.50 CGPA; for a Direct Entry
(f) In addition, prospective candidates must not be less than 21 years of age as at the time of the application;
(g) Credit pass in at least one (1) Arts subject.
FACULTY/DEPARTMENTS SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
|Creative Arts||Must have credit passes in Literature, Fine Arts or Music at the Ordinary Level. Direct Entry Candidates for Music may have a 2-year Diploma from the Musical Society of Nigeria, Associate Diploma from Trinity College, London and NCE (Music) from a Nigerian College of Education. Direct entry candidates for Theatre Arts may have the 2-year Diploma in Theatre Arts.|
|English||Must have credit passes in Literature and at least one other Arts subjects.|
|History and Strategic Studies||Must have credit passes in either History or Government and one Arts subjects at the Ordinary Level.|
|European Languages||Must have credit passes in French/DELF/BEPC. Direct Entry candidates may have, other than GCE A/L., Baccalaureate, Nigerian Certificate of Education DAF/DS, UNILAG Diploma in French or Nigerian French Language Village Diploma in French, GCE O/L Literature is required for Russian as well as two other subjects in Arts and Social Sciences.|
|Philosophy||Must have credit pass in one Arts subject,Govt is acceptable as Arts Subject|
|Linguistics, African and Asian Studies||Must have credit passes in two Arts subjects, one of which must be Igbo or Yoruba, depending on the programme|
Duration of the UNILAG ICE Programme for 2014/2015
The duration of the courses are four (4) and five (5) years, depending on entry qualifications. Lectures are held on Monday to Friday between 5.pm.-9pm each day.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION (SANDWICH PROGRAMME)
- Apart from the requirement of five credits including Mathematics and English Language, obtained at not more than two sittings, the other subjects accepted for a B.A(Ed) Degree in Adult Education, Educational Administration and Guidance and Counselling are as follows:
Literature in English, History, French, Igbo, Geography, Yoruba, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, Mathematics, Economics, Government, Commerce, Home Economics. Other qualifications accepted for the Sandwich Programme include:
- Nigerian Certificate of Education (NCE)
- Diploma from at least a two-year study from a recognized University.
- General Nursing and Midwifery Certificate, Public Health Nursing Certificate, Diploma in Public Nursing Certificate, General Nursing Certificate.
- For Non-NCE holders: PSE Certificate of the former Institute of Education, University of Lagos, (not below Lower Credit) with at least 5 Credits in GCE O/L including English Language and Mathematics
B.Sc. HEALTH EDUCATION
Applicants for this programme should possess at least one of the following:
- General Nursing and Midwifery Certificate
- Public Health Nursing Certificate
iii. Diploma in Public Health Nursing Certificate
Such applicants must have not less than five papers at credit level, including English and Mathematics at two sittings.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROGRAMME
Admission is open to:
- Holders of the SSCE or its equivalent qualification with at least Credit Passes in five Subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and any other three Arts/Social Science/Science Subject obtained at not more than two sittings
2 NCE Certificate holders.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
* 4 years duration for holders of Nursing Certificate.
* 5 years duration for NCE holders (or its equivalent).
* 6 years duration for holders of SSCE, GCE O/L or equivalent qualifications.
i Sandwich programme run during the long vacation period.
i i Candidates Awaiting Result are not eligible to apply
How To Apply For UNILAG ICE programme 2014/2015
Prospective Candidates are ereby informed that the supplementary ICE programme Application forms are obtainable online via University of Lagos website – http://www.unilag.edu.ng. using ATM/Cash/Dedicated Teller obtainable on payment of a non-refundable fee of N12,500.00 paid into any of the under listed Banks and Accounts:
Bank Acount Number
Access Bank 0043660391
Guaranty Trust Bank 0149887279
Wema Bank 0122335426
Zenith Bank 1012487645
UNILAG ICE Programme Application Deadline
Completed application forms should be submitted online to the Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) Secretariat and a hard copy of the completed forms submitted to the respective programmes office (i.e. Department of Choice).
Examinations for these programmes in English Language, Mathematics and General Knowledge are as scheduled below:
|FACULTY/PROGRAMME||VENUE||DEADLINE FORSUBMISSION||EXAMINATION DATE|
|Faculty of EducationSandwich Programme||Hall *B& C MultipurposeHall, University of Lagos
|Monday,Friday12th Dec 2014
|Friday, 19th December2014|
|FACULTY OF ARTSCreative Arts( Theatre Arts/Music/ visual Arts)
History and Strategic studies
Linguistics. African and Asian Studies(Igbo/Yoruba)
|Halls A Multipurpose HallUniversity of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos||Friday 12th Dec 2014||Friday,19th Dec 2014|
Prospective candidates are to note the following:
- Candidates are expected to come to the examination hall with the printout of their photo card/registration form.
- Provisional Admission Letters for successful candidates would be ready for collection on the 5th of January, 2015 at the various departments.
For further information, please contact:
Institute of Continuing Education,
2nd Floor, Bookshop Building, University of Lagos,Akoka, Yaba.
Tel: 0818-095-6642, 0810-247-6798(Direct Line)
👉 2017 POST UTME Forms For All Schools
👉 Nigerian Immigration Recruitment - 2017
👉 How to Print 2017 JAMB UTME Result Slip
👉 How to Check 2017 UTME Results For Free
👉 2017 Statistics Of JAMB results Released
👉 How to Print NYSC 2017 Batch "A" Call Up Letter
👉 May/June WAEC Result 2017 Released Date
👉 2017 JAMB UTME Live Updates
👉 JAMB 3rd Batch Result For 2017