Tons of Scholarship Opportunities wasting; Take out time to download scholarship Past Questions and Answers Now...
This news is still unconfirmed to us. But with what i heard, is as if the Bokoharam sector has decided to release the chibok girls by Monday which is the 20th of October, 2014.
How is that possible? Ok lets read the details of this report for deeper insights.
“Finally, there are strong indications that the 218 schoolgirls abducted six months ago in Chibok, Borno State, by the violent Boko Haram sect may be released on Monday following a ceasefire agreement the sect negotiators reached with the Federal Government.
The Government, through the Nigerian military, had on Friday said that it had agreed to a ceasefire with the heartless terrorists group and that the Chibok girls would soon be released.
The deal was announced by the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Alex Badeh.
Nigerian military has struggled to defeat Boko Haram which began attack against Nigeria since 2009.
The President’s Principal Secretary, Hassan Tukur, told BBC Focus on Africa that an agreement to end the Boko Haram hostilities had been reached after talks with the violent group.
He said, “The Boko Haram members have assured us that they have the girls and that they will release them. I am cautiously optimistic.”
He said the agreement was reached after one month of negotiations in Saudi Arabia.
The negotiation was said to have been headed by the Chadian President Idriss Deby.
Tukur said Boko Haram announced a unilateral ceasefire on Thursday and the government had responded.
Tukur and Danladi Ahmadu, who calls himself the Secretary-General of Boko Haram, told VOA’s Hausa service that the abducted girls would be released on Monday in Chad.
The girls are alive, “in good condition and unharmed,” Ahmadu said.
President Goodluck Jonathan has faced strong criticism over a deteriorating security situation in Nigeria, with villages in the North-East Borno State inaccessible due to the threat from Boko Haram.
The group had demanded the release of detained extremists in exchange for the schoolgirls.
The Defence Headquarters have directed all commanders to stop offensive against the Boko Haram sect.
The Chief of Defence Staff said he had directed his officers to comply with the ceasefire agreement.
Badeh said, “A ceasefire agreement has been concluded between the Federal Government and the Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal Jihad (Boko Haram).”
Badeh added, “Without any prejudice to the outcome of our three days interactions, and the conclusions of this forum, I wish to inform this audience that a ceasefire agreement has been concluded between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Allul Sunna Li Daawa Waj Jihad.”
“I have accordingly directed the service chiefs to ensure immediate compliance with this development in the field.”
Now to the point, can these guys make it to the top of there agreement to release these girls on Monday. Just like a song writer said “Sitting at the corner,” thats how we are gonna sit and observe how it goes.
Goodmorning Africa, Goodmorning Nigeria, Goodmorning Loadedvilla.com.
👉 2017 POST UTME Forms For All Schools
👉 How To Easily Register For N-Power Recruitment Free - 2017 [June]
👉 Nigerian Immigration Recruitment - 2017
👉 How to Print 2017 JAMB UTME Result Slip
👉 How to Check 2017 UTME Results For Free
👉 2017 Statistics Of JAMB results Released
👉 How to Print NYSC 2017 Batch "A" Call Up Letter
👉 May/June WAEC Result 2017 Released Date
👉 2017 JAMB UTME Live Updates
👉 JAMB 3rd Batch Result For 2017